How do I find a qualified sickle cell disease physician?

Look for someone in your area with a specialty in “hematology,” the study of blood disorders. The American Society of Hematology provides an on-line database of registered hematologists: Find a Hematologist where you can search for specialists in your area. U.S.News & World Report has compiled a searchable list of doctors organized by specialty: Hematologists. The following list may lead families to experts in their country.